Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Personal Diet Plan

The fourth grade is what I remember as being the first time I was introduced to sports and nutrition.  My Grandfather would always tell me that if I took care of my body at a young age, it would take care of me when I got older.  Wow!  It is amazing that almost 40 years later I am understanding and experiencing what my grandfather told me when I was a young child.  At the age of 44, I still exercise five days a week for at least one hour, and I usually balance my carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and water in accordance with the DRI.  Fresh fruit and lean meat are my main sources of carbohydrates and protein.  However, throughout the day, I do manage do consume calcium, iron, and vitamin E.  I almost always limit my fat intake between 15-20 grams daily.  However, I have a few extra calories to use due to exercising daily, which allows me to enjoy an extra cookie or slice of cake every once in a while. 
  
I usually drink anywhere from a half of gallon to a gallon of water daily.  I stopped drinking soda almost 15 years ago and I still feel and see the difference.  So, for me, I have no plan to change my diet or level of physical activity.  Learning nutrition at a young age helped develop good eating habits that have followed me through most of my life cycle at this point.  My next Blog will be when I turn fifty years old to talk about the positive effects of nutrition and physical activity at that age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment